Many have their own beliefs and are labeled according to their beliefs. So much so that they make congregations. But what happens when your belief isn't labeled or grouped or even defined? For the longest time I had Existentialist thoughts. I lived by this philosophy and still do to this day However, I didn't know this was a whole philosophical theory. Many have their own definition of Existentialism and often branch out. Due to the fact that I have always thought this way my definition might be different. Existentialism is a philosophical theory or approach that emphasizes the existence of the individual person as a free and responsible agent determining their own development through acts of the will. In an easier way of saying it your actions decide your future. There is no destiny no path. You make it as you progress through life. I have always understood this concept. Thus really contemplating every choice I make. Kind of like a video game where if you kill someone or don't it affects the outcome of the ending. Many find this to be weird which I do too. When I try and explain this to people they often come up with the conclusion of alternate universes. This can lead to very good conversations that are very interesting. We all have different beliefs and not all have the same definition even though they are "labeled" as the same. Don't let other people dictate what you are and box you in. We are all unique and we should embrace that. Don't let a label decide what you are.
Sunday, October 12, 2014
Entry #10: Existentialism
Many have their own beliefs and are labeled according to their beliefs. So much so that they make congregations. But what happens when your belief isn't labeled or grouped or even defined? For the longest time I had Existentialist thoughts. I lived by this philosophy and still do to this day However, I didn't know this was a whole philosophical theory. Many have their own definition of Existentialism and often branch out. Due to the fact that I have always thought this way my definition might be different. Existentialism is a philosophical theory or approach that emphasizes the existence of the individual person as a free and responsible agent determining their own development through acts of the will. In an easier way of saying it your actions decide your future. There is no destiny no path. You make it as you progress through life. I have always understood this concept. Thus really contemplating every choice I make. Kind of like a video game where if you kill someone or don't it affects the outcome of the ending. Many find this to be weird which I do too. When I try and explain this to people they often come up with the conclusion of alternate universes. This can lead to very good conversations that are very interesting. We all have different beliefs and not all have the same definition even though they are "labeled" as the same. Don't let other people dictate what you are and box you in. We are all unique and we should embrace that. Don't let a label decide what you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Interesting topics and ideas in your new entries, Bryan. Keep digging into the support and discussion.
ReplyDelete