Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Entry #2: The Art of trolling

A question I get a lot is why do you choose to troll? What do you get from trolling? And my FAVORITE don’t you know everyone hates trolls?!?! In this exclusive “Confessions of a troll”, you as the reader will get inside the head of a troll.  A common misconception is that trolls have no lives outside the interwebs. That they are “sun-light deprived” individuals. Trolling is a life a style that extends beyond the interwebs. One prime example is when I am at a red light, and an individual decides to honk milliseconds after it turns green I will happily stay stationary and miss the light. I will troll where necessary be it on video games or in real life. Another notion is that trolls only troll when if anonymity is offered…wrong! One prolific troll know as The Black Worm (https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackxworm) is very open and public (viewer discretion is advised). Trolling is an art as the title indicates. One of the reasons I do it is to knock people off their high horse, contrary to popular belief. “studys” say that trolls are narcissistic, Machiavellian, psychopathic, and sadistic. (Study link http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html ). As much as they try to paint themselves as the victims, it is not reality. They really set themselves up to be trolled by writing stupid comments. We offer constructive criticism…not my fault your ego couldn’t take it bruh. We as trolls strive to make the world better. Yeah sure, our methods are unconventional but it’s up to you to see the real message. Another famous troll that fits this description is MK (https://www.youtube.com/user/GroundZeroOnline ). I hope this blog enlightened your views about my species and next time actively read comments and search for their true meaning. 

3 comments:

  1. This entry is so entertaining and I honestly learned a few things from reading it. I love the sense of humor you bring into your witting, it gives me an idea of who you really are. My favorite part was when you referred to yourself as a "species" lol. But awesome job, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard people use the word "trolling" quite a bit, but I thought they were just bashing someone or something. Now I kind of know what a troll is and what people will do or might act to "troll."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting topics. Keep digging into your analysis and rhetoric.

    And you need to turn off "Word Verification", which is a setting on blogger. You can find the instructions how to do this on Canvas on the Blog Project page.

    ReplyDelete