Sunday, May 10, 2015
Entry #9 Why I don't watch the news
As suggested by the title yes I don't watch the news. Now many people would think I am ignorant based on that statement. "Why would you like not watch the news and stuff?". Every time I turn on the news I can assure you it is something stupid. Might just be my timing or not. The news nowadays just talk about the hype. If I'm allowed to be completely honest I really don't care about the Kardashians. For the life of me I cannot figure out why the news would even mention dumb celebrities. I have no problem if you like that kind of stuff because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I notice that people rely too much on the news to present the information they need to know. That's all they watch to inform themselves. See a problem here? you only get one side of the issue because most networks are politically motivated. As I mentioned in my Reporting is dead blog previously. One thing that school has taught me is to be critical about the evidence that is presented upon me. Ask questions and don't be gullible. The trend I see with media(all types of media) is that it is there to distract us. I learned that no matter how much you try to avoid the media you can't escape it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely agree with you that the news networks are politically oriented and give only one side of the story. I am also very critical when I watch news and question the information presented.
ReplyDelete