(For the sake of privacy her name has been changed, But you'll know it's you after the first sentence)
Mutual Friend- Bryan this is Becky, Becky this is Bryan.*Awkward Silence*
Me- Its been a while huh Becky.
Becky- Ugh Yeah sure...
Mutual Friend- Oh you guys know each-other?(We both answer at the same time)
Becky-No!
Me-Yes.
Mutual Friend- What!?!*More Awkwardness*
Shocked by this I didn't know how to respond.
Mutual Friend- So do you guys know each other or not?Still shocked I couldn't respond I was sitting there looking stupid.
Becky-I don't know, I don't remember you. Where do I know you from?
Me- We used to go to the same school. mumbles *we kind of used to be best friends*
Mutual Friend- What a Liar quit messing with us! *Giggles*To avoid some more awkwardness I tried to change the subject but my efforts were futile.
Becky- Did we really go to the same school?
Me- It doesn't really matter, you don't remember. I mean who would even remember me. We only sat together in every class... Alzheimer's much?This was one of the most confusing moments of my life. Usually when two people who are pretty close and drift apart then see each other its like they never drifted apart. Not This time... I am sure we have all that one friend we consider our best friend. Friends come and go that is part of life; Or associates shall I say. Because if you aren't important enough to be remembered I guess they weren't really your friends (Which I seriously doubt will happen). If they're childish enough to not even confront you when a problem arises they're probably not your friend. Learn a lesson from my embarrassing story not everyone is your friend and shouldn't be treated as such until they prove so. But don't get it twisted I do not condone being rude to people but be a little more cautious about choosing your friends. This situation allowed me to really reflect and it's safe to say I only have 2 real friends what about you?

You had me laughing at this story. Yes I hate it when you used to talk to a someone like everyday and they don't even remember you like what the heck!
ReplyDeleteIts good to see how my misery made you laugh lol. at least some good came out of it right? I doubt they don't remember most likely some drama was involved that we were oblivious to.
Delete